Plan to Protect® Seal of Excellence
Thank you so much for your interest in the Plan to Protect® Seal of Excellence.
Plan to Protect® provides the HIGHEST STANDARD of abuse prevention and protection to organizations servicing the vulnerable sector. It is our desire not only to provide this HIGH STANDARD of protection for organizations that serve the vulnerable sector but also to recognize those organizations that demonstrate that they are achieving this standard!
The Plan to Protect® Seal of Excellence is reserved for organizations that meet the Principles of Plan to Protect®. The Seal is accessible to any organization servicing the vulnerable sector. This is not a contest; rather it is a means of recognizing excellence in abuse prevention and protection of the vulnerable sector. It is a means of also encouraging the raising of the bar on protection.
The Seal of Excellence consists of 3 steps:
- Application and coaching
- Evaluation and feedback
- Recognition, Networking and access to best practices
SEAL OF EXCELLENCE PROCESS
I. Application and Coaching Process
After you submit the INTENT TO APPLY, our team will walk alongside and coach you as you complete the SUBMISSION APPLICATION. Our goal is to help you successfully communicate the progress you have made in applying the standards for the Plan to Protect® Seal of Excellence.
II. Evaluation and Feedback
Once we have received the application, the evaluation process will include an independent assessment. The independent evaluation will facilitate feedback on areas to improve and provide practical suggestions to consider. Managers and senior officers can discern and brainstorm with our team of consultants for improvements.
All organizations that apply will receive feedback and a score.
III. Recognition, Networking and Access to Best Practices
Organizations with scores of 500 and above will receive recognition. Organizations with scores of 900 and above will receive:
➢ The Plan to Protect® Seal of Excellence.
➢ Invitation to participate at local and national events hosted by Plan to Protect®.
➢ Access to the best practices identified which have been compiled from the entire group of submissions.
➢ Webinars and publications for best practices are included to support continuous updates and excellence.
➢ Begin by stating your intent to apply:
- Download the samples of the INTENT TO APPLY FORM and the SUBMISSION FORM. Review the questions and requirements for consideration and when you believe you are well positioned to apply.
- Complete the INTENT TO APPLY FORM on-line at www.plantoprotect.com/INTENT. The purpose of completing this document is so that we can encourage you during the submission process.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q. What are the fees?
- Members of Plan to Protect® - $150*
- Going the Distance Members that have completed their 1st year of membership – Free
- Non-Members - $350*
* Plus applicable taxes.
Q. What is the timing of application?
- Once you complete the INTENT form, you can begin the SUBMISSION process.
- SUBMISSIONS (along with all supporting documents) can be submitted anytime during the year. However, submissions begun January-June must be completed by June 30th, and submissions begun July-December must be completed by December 31st. The Review Panel will review and evaluate the submissions during the 1st and 3rd quarters of each year.
Q. What are the criteria of the evaluation?
- A Review Panel will review and score all submissions. Total available points to be awarded: 1200. (Please note organizations do not need to receive a perfect score to receive the Seal).
- Elements are scored individually and points are allotted as follows:
➢ Leadership Buy-in: Demonstration and Commitment of Protection - 100
➢ Understanding of Abuse – 100
➢ Policies - 100
➢ Screening and Selection of Staff and Volunteers – 100
➢ Training (Orientation and Refresher) - 100
➢ Operational Procedures -100
➢ Monitoring and Supervision - 100
➢ Facilities – 100
➢ Administration Practices Including Documentation Management - 100
➢ Reporting Abuse -100
➢ Response to Abuse - 100
➢ Conclusion – Bonus Points – 100
Q. What is the Evaluation process and levels of rating awards?
Our goal is helping organizations to achieve the HIGHEST standard of abuse prevention and protection of the vulnerable sector and to protect those that work with them. The criteria you will be measured against is the standard of protection recognized by Plan to Protect®, insurance companies and best practices within the industry for standard of care of the vulnerable sector. Similar to climbing a mountain, there are different stages of the seal: 1) Base Camp, 2) Assent, and 3) Summit.
- A rubric will be used to impartially score each component.
- Plan to Protect® reserves the right to verify information submitted. Organizations that score above 850 points may be asked by the Peer Review Panel to provide supporting documentation, a site visit or an interview.
- Organizations that are verified to have achieved 500 points or higher, will receive recognition of their efforts in striving for a HIGH standard.
- Base Camp (Scores of 500 – 699)
- You have started to implement Plan to Protect® and are now striving for a HIGH standard of protection
- Assent (Scores of 700 – 899)
- You are doing really well, Plan to Protect® has become part of your DNA. You are striving for a HIGHER standard of protection
- Summit (Scores of 900-1200)
- You are striving for the HIGHEST standard of protection, and you receive the Plan to Protect® Seal of Excellence
All organizations that achieve HIGH scores between 900 - 1200 points and are verified by the Peer Review Panel will receive the Plan to Protect® Seal of Excellence.
Q. Why should you apply?
Recipients of SUMMIT with scores of 900 – 1200 points will receive:
- Plan to Protect® Seal of Excellence:
- One year Going the Distance Membership (Value exceeds $2,500)
- Recognition of your great efforts through:
- A Banner and Seal to be proudly displayed at your organization, on your website/promotional materials.
- A National Press Release recognizing Plan to Protect® Seal of Excellence Recipients.
- A case study of an organization that has met the criteria within the Plan to Protect® newsletter and website.
- Listing on our website as a Recipient of the Seal.
- Complimentary registration at local and national events hosted by Plan to Protect®.
- Analysis reports on your efforts to identify gaps and set a benchmark for future progress.
- Access to the best practices compiled from the entire group of submissions.
- Confirmation you have achieved a HIGH standard of protection.
- Distinguished recognition to share your success with your community, and demonstrate your commitment to the protection of children, youth and vulnerable adults.
- Opportunity to share your best practices and invest in other organizations to help them achieve the HIGH standard of protection.
Recipients of ASSENT (700 – 899 points) will receive:
- Feedback on their submission.
- Choice between: One year – Basic Membership (Value $299) or a Bundle of 25 on-line training registrations (value $450).
- Recognition on our website in the form of a case study of an organization in pursuit of achieving a HIGH standard of protection.
Recipients of BASE CAMP (500 – 699 points) will receive:
- Feedback on their submission.
- One hour of coaching so you can continue to strive for the HIGHEST standard of protection.
Q. How many organizations are awarded this seal and the stages of recognition?
The Plan to Protect® Seal of Excellence can be awarded to more than one organization.
There is no limit of the organizations that can achieve recognition for achieving different stages.
An INTENT TO APPLY FORM can be found at www.plantoprotect.com/INTENT.