We can do better! We must do better!
I woke in the middle of the night! My heart was heavy … I could not sleep! So, I put the tea kettle on and I decided to catch up on my reading.
- I reread a draft of an article on Lessons Learned from Fallen Leaders.
- I read an email that had just come in – An Open Letter to Victims of Clergy Abuse!
- I turned my attention to social media, where I read a flurry of social media posts criticizing leaders for their response to allegations of abuse.
- I read of a series of incidences of abuse within the cheer industry.
- I read the results of the investigation into allegations against Ravi Zacharias.
As a person of faith, I find comfort in reading the Psalms and Proverbs – but even there I read of oppression, plagues, abuse, the burden of suffering due to poor choices, and the enemy pursuing his victim and overcoming him. The folly of one’s ways.
When I read, I am challenged … provoked to be better … to do more … to feel deeply about the hurts and pains of this world.
Are you challenged when you read these accounts? Or do you just shake your head and criticize the offenders.
Is there anything that incites you and fuels your passion to do more, to be better yourself?