Criminal Background Checks - USA
Plan to Protect® is partnered with Sterling Volunteers, formerly Verified Volunteers, to provide a solution for USA clients for background screening.
The need to mitigate risk and vet individuals who interface with any entity as a volunteer is crucial, especially those interacting with vulnerable populations. At Plan to Protect®, we believe it’s important to provide our clients with access to the most up-to-date screening resources.
Plan to Protect’s® valued partner, Sterling Volunteers, is a trusted, innovative background screening provider whose screening solution is tailored to the specific needs of the nonprofit/service sector. This partnership provides our clients with heavily discounted pricing on high-quality volunteer and employee background screening and a team of dedicated client service advocates.
Benefits of Background Screening through Sterling Volunteers:
- Save Time & Money
- Preserve your budget by allowing volunteers to pay for all or part of their background check – or allow them to optionally contribute. On average, 35% of volunteers voluntarily contribute which ends up covering 90% of the cost of the background check.
- Self-service ordering process in 4 easy steps that takes less than 5 minutes.
- Administer volunteer screening online through an intuitive, user-friendly dashboard interface, significantly reducing administrative time for volunteer managers.
- Industry leading turn-around times (TAT) for background checks in only 24 to 48 hours. TAT dependent on level of search.
- Gain access to a community of volunteers who have already undergone a background check and can share it with you.
- Built-In Compliance
- Sterling Volunteers is a compliant expert (so you don’t have to be), and they manage the obligations under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- Sterling is a Consumer Reporting Agency (CRA) and is an accredited member of the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS), which means they are held to the highest standards.
- Reduce Risk
- Rely on background checks of the highest quality and accuracy to help protect your reputation, safety and brand.
Types of Background Checks included in Sterling Volunteers Search Packages:
- Social Security Number Trace
- Validated Nationwide Criminal Search
- NSOPW: National Sex Offender Registry federal search
- OFAC Government Sanctions Watch List Search (no-fly list, terrorists, drug trafficking, etc.)
- Current County/State of Residence Search
- County searches from last 7 years address history
- Validated Locator Select Search (proprietary software tapping into 2/3 Sheriff departments/county jails – reveals 23% more criminal history)
- Alias and Maiden Name Searches
- Free Nationwide and Sex Offender monthly monitoring
- Additional “a la carte” products/services available: MVRs, Reference Checks, Credit Reports, Federal Criminal, Drug Testing, Abuse Registries, International, Managed Adverse Action and many more – Please inquire.
“We are thrilled to come together into a national partnership with Plan to Protect™ – an organization at the forefront of safety and abuse prevention training. Plan to Protect™ provides extensive expertise in the safety and abuse prevention field with their programming, materials, and extremely knowledgeable staff. Their ability to successfully and effectually train organizations serving vulnerable populations is unmatched. With this partnership, Verified Volunteers is excited to add another highly effective security and protection measure to our arsenal of products. We are now equipped to better mitigate risk within the service sector.”
Katie Zwetzig, Executive Director, Sterling Volunteers
Learn more about Sterling Volunteers.
CLICK HERE for more information on pricing for Plan to Protect® clients and how to get started using the Verified Volunteers screening platform.
Back to Screening